US0052 Sysco Portland, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
This is a Sales and Marketing position responsible for providing direct sales support to all assigned accounts. This position interprets and implements all contractual requirements of the Master Distribution Agreement by maintaining contact with the customers, implementing and reviewing pricing agreements, and coordinating with the various departments with the Company. The Account Executive is also responsible for managing, monitoring and tracking the performance of all assigned accounts to insure that maximum sales and profits are being achieved while exceeding the customer's expectation for service based on the specific Distribution Agreements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and identification of new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Accountable for increasing sales through account penetration by analyzing current sales and volume, planning sales call and following up.
- Make sales calls and presentations outside of the office as often as necessary to maintain a solid customer relationship and as required to increase sales/penetration.
- Schedule sales calls in a planned and geographically-organized manner to maximize efficiency.
- Seek and qualify Local Credit Customer (LCC) prospects following Company account stratification goals.
- Coordinate broker/vendor presentations and prepare marketing material for customers, as needed.
- Provide superior service to existing accounts to retain/enhance customer satisfaction.
- Liable for communicating with assigned accounts continuously regarding new products and services, company changes, holiday schedules, item changes, and new sales opportunities.
- Update customers on pricing/item changes or information.
- Respond on time to customer questions and inquiries and is courteous and professional to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the creation and on-going development of customer communication including newsletters, new product notification, Serve safe class notification, food show invitations, and other promotional material
- Monitor customer satisfaction and takes corrective action, as needed, to retain account and improve customer satisfaction.
- Notify the supervisor immediately if an existing account is in jeopardy of discontinuing service with Sysco, or issues remain unresolved regardless of attempts to correct the situation.
- Maintain updated customer files and profiles including contact information, delivery information, order information, etc. This data is logged and maintained in the approved Sales Department system of records (i.e. Sysco 360 where applicable).
- Assure orders are reviewed and verified.
- Check allocation, suggests substitutes, and ensure orders are filled at the highest percentage possible.
- Assist in the set-up of new accounts including the creation of customer order guides, obtaining new account applications, setting up price-rules, creating Sysco Uniform System (SUS) charts, establish order/delivery schedules, implement customer/vendor pricing agreements, create files, coordinate with each department in order to meet or exceed the customers' expectations.
- Create and communicate Customer Policies and Procedures/Operation Manuals.
- Responsible for processing new product requests by establishing product usage and by collecting proper documentation from the customer and vendor.
- Communicate with the various departments to provide vital information that may be necessary for servicing the customer. This would include advance notification to merchandising of menu changes, increased or decreased product movement, new or lost business, changes in proprietary product and review the mupa report regularly. This also includes advance notification to Operations about new customers, construction, or any other changes that may affect customer orders or delivery.
- Generate and monitor internal reports to track and measure the performance results of each customer, including the management of proprietary products and monitoring movement necessary to maintain stocking requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring, responding to, and initiating action for all corporate communication regarding Corporate Multi-Unit (CMU) accounts and contracts
- Liable for managing and maintaining assigned customer's account receivable information and maintaining acceptable Days Sales Outstanding (DSO).
- Responsible for continuous and on-going communication with Supervisor
- Review the daily out of stock report
- Respond to all price inquiries from customers. Complete research and submit credit and drop shipments as required.
- Assure special orders are processed within 24 hrs.
- Review the aging report every week.
- Make sure account maintenance (charts maintenance, pricing research, credit processing, and various other projects as needed).
- Produce schedules, implement systems and monitor the progress and completion of all projects to insure deadlines and timelines are met.
- Communicate progress and results to Director, Sales Administration before submitting to customers or Corporate.
- Convey to customers and associates courteously and professionally to enhance customer satisfaction with Sysco and to create a spirit of teamwork.
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick up request, prepare sales quotes and menu suggestions and filing reports
- Other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- 2 years of prior outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid Driver License with a driving record that meets Company insurability standards.
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000.
- Sign the Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Familiarization with customer service activities, interdepartmental communications and general finance concepts beneficial.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with local industry trends and issues in the foodservice industry.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Can calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, portion cost, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume and add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously.
- Express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts proactively and constructively.
- Understanding of Sysco's key business metrics preferred.
- Handle multiple jobs, timelines, and deadlines.
- Prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities as necessary.
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly.
- Works well with others.
- Demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Practice, self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful.
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the individual Framework competencies of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position will require regular travel utilizing personal vehicle and may result in long periods of sitting.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.