Windows Infrastructure Manager
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
Synaptics is looking for aWindows Server Managerto join its team. The successful candidate:
- Manage production and pre-production technology systems in a hybrid cloud/datacenter environment.
- Automate building systems and deploying applications.
- Create additional automation by scripting repetitive tasks
- Manage and support Active Directory (Directory Services, DFS, DNS, GPO)
- Coordinate with the Platform Engineering team to develop integrated work flows for our Server Administration team.
- Participate in strategic projects
- Monitor productions systems, respond to and troubleshoot incidents
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree or Relevant hands-on experience
- Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple disciplines
- Ability to design and document complex workflows
- Strong proficiency in managing DNS, DFS, SMTP, clustering
- Experience scripting in Powershell, Python, Perl or other languages
- Strong proficiency in VMware VSphere and cloud management technologies
- Well-rounded knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, VMPLS, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
- Well-rounded knowledge of storage solutions (Vmax, VNX, Data Domain, Nimble)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines
- Looks for any areas of improvement and suggests changes, rather than waiting for direction
- Excellent team player - proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced systems engineer who has 7+ years of system administration experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and O365 Administration
- Expert-level knowledge of Active Directory, including Group Policy creation and management
- Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server and XenDesktop preferred.
- Experience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM, and SCCM, and automated patching procedures
- Experience working with outsourced vendors is preferred
- Oversee and drive collaboration, and provide influence and authoritative advice to IT architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that the modified hardware and software technology components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed and meet performance requirements.
- Develop methodologies to implement new and emerging hardware and software infrastructure.
- Oversee and review the research, analysis, selection, planning and engineering of Windows Server hardware and software components or enhancements.
- Oversee and provide direct guidance to ensure that plans integrate effectively with other enterprise (new or existing) hardware and software solutions.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, and scheduling
- Ability to drive results and be a thought leader amongst peer group and engineering team.
- Develop methods to test, debug, support, and analyze performance, and document hardware and software technology components.
- Manage highly complex hardware and software technology analysis, evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels or tune hardware and software components for optimum performance.
- Develop and lead the implementation of technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels or tune hardware and software components for optimum performance.
- Oversee and provide direct guidance to ensure that plans integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical hardware and software.
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components.
- Review, recommend, and approve major and significant changes for purposes of incident avoidance.
- Ability to manage projects and lead initiatives with minimal direction from beginning to end.
- Recommend areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of the core windows operating system internals, Services and skills to troubleshoot complex system, networking & security problems within the platform ecosystem
- Ability to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Active Directory Configuration and Maintenance (including GPO administration)
- Microsoft Office365 setup & management
- Hyper-V and VMware configuration, management, & trouble shooting of VM units.
- Virus/Malware Removal
- Printing, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP configuration and maintenance
- Remote Desktop Connection (client and Terminal Server environments)
- Review project specifications and make design/implementation recommendations for improvements.
- Follow through on assigned project tasks and consultations.
- Candidate will be responsible with product migrations/installations, as the business requires.
- Open and work trouble tickets and while providing support with production outage
- Candidate will take ownership of issues needing resolution. Please Note: Required to be "on call"
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top