VP of Product Marketing
- San Jose, CA
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, multimedia, and edge AI products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP, and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality, and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure, and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com
Synaptics is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to drive product definition, strategy, and business development . As a key leader in the Smart Sensing and Display business unit, recognizing the unique attributes and strengths of the Synaptics' Touch, Display, and Touch and Display Integrated solutions, you will both promote existing products to customers and partners and drive strategic product planning.
You will partner closely with the engineering teams to shape our product roadmap and own the launch of new features and initiatives that will accelerate our growth, drive user satisfaction and develop our brand. You will be responsible for identifying new markets, technologies, and customer trends & building/running strategic marketing campaigns. Additionally, you will work with global sales leadership to define and promote new products and drive design wins for Synaptics' next generation connectivity products.
The ideal candidate is a proven Product Marketing Leader with experience building & scaling product marketing teams in a high growth environment. You maintain a balance between proactive ideation and efficient, high-quality execution. You have a strong bias to action with an ability to ruthlessly prioritize. You have a proven ability to work effectively across different functional teams.
- Build & scale the Marketing team
- Create the go-to-market strategy
- Define & iterate on the value proposition for each of key T&D products
- Enable the Sales team: be the expert on our product and develop compelling, effective materials to ensure Sales team success including sales pitch decks, objection handlers, battlecards & more
- Conduct competitive research to better understand our market and market segments and implement a strategy for differentiation
- Drive awareness and understanding of key features through coordinated campaigns with the sales team. Drive demand creation through identifying new features for current and new markets.
- Partner with the engineering teams to shape the product roadmap & implement tight feedback cycles between our users and the product team
- Establish positive partnering relationships cross-functionally (Product, Engineering, Operations, Service and Support, etc.) to address the overall T&D customer experience.
- Own the launch of new product features and initiatives, including positioning, messaging and tactics to drive awareness & adoption (website, PR, blog, email, social, in-product messaging, paid channels, etc.)
- Customer Interface/interaction -Clearly and persuasively communicate the company's vision and unique product benefits to a varied set of audiences including internal teams, industry analysts and customers.
- Business Development - Define and negotiate strategic partnerships with key technology partners who can drive rapid growth and accelerate product momentum.
- 10 -15 years industry experience with a minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience in product marketing, with a background in some of the following markets: semiconductor, touch, display, mobile.
- Inspiring leadership. You have demonstratable experience building and managing a high-performing product marketing team
- Proven track record of developing product development strategies and KPI's for increasing revenue and or reach for existing products as well as developing new products for emerging markets.
- You must have in-depth experience in electronics and working in high-volume and fast-moving markets.
- Thorough knowledge of semiconductor marketing principles, brand, product and service management, sales and business development along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance. Knowledge of Touch & Display solutions is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with product, sales, PR and multiple functions within marketing
- Strategic & creative thinker. You'll push beyond the playbook to challenge the status quo and develop innovative go-to-market strategies and campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills. You're a clear, concise and compelling storyteller across written, verbal and visual formats
- Analytical mindset. You effectively use qualitative and quantitative data to make clear decisions that move the business forward.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Exposure to working in a global environment managing product marketing activities with internal teams and markets in all regions especially the Asia Pacific region
- Education & experience in a technical discipline (BSEE, BSME, BSCS or higher), MBA a plus
Back to top