A member of the engineering team, assisting in providing high quality engineering deliverables and supporting continuous improvement of engineering practices.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Experience of testing embedded systems preferred
- Comfortable using a Linux terminal
- Python experience highly desirable but not essential
- A good understanding of wireless technologies
- Assist in the design, test and where appropriate development of software working in an agile team using industry best practices.
- Contribute to high quality testing methodology (including ISO 9001 processes) by knowledge sharing and encouraging best practice.
- Master a new small technical area where there is some prior expertise within the company.
- Contribute to the development of test plans for features, projects or releases.
- Use a methodical engineering approach to the analysis and diagnosis of technical issues or defects.
- Follow agreed architectural test principles by developing a solid understanding of subsystem architecture.
- Provide testing solutions to defined problems, supporting the delivery of solid and robust components implemented as guided.
- Follow the company testing methodology.
- Regularly report progress on their own and immediately related tasks to team lead.
- Interact well with different types of people recognizing others' strengths and weaknesses and encouraging team mates.
- Actively contribute and participate in team meetings.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team by sharing knowledge and expertise as directed.
- Manage time and task priorities under guidance, seeking help early if deadlines will not be met.
- Document present and review technical information aimed at wider engineering team as required (e.g. via a team demo) - clearly, concisely and appropriately targeted to the audience.
- Under guidance and as needed, communicate effectively with established technical contacts and existing partners to help solve technical issues. Show business and political awareness of what can and cannot be communicated to external contacts.
- Develop an understanding of Company Strategy, by attending all hands and departmental meetings and asking questions of others to clarify understanding.
- Willingness to occasionally travel for work as requested, with appropriate support.