Supply Chain Manager, Foundry
- San Jose, CA
The Suppy Chain Manager, Foundry at Synaptics will work together with internal teams across the organization to develop cost roadmap, foundry strategies and execution to those strategies over the entire product life cycle.
The person is responsible for managing all aspects of the business, engagement strategy, and performance of Wafer Foundries. The individual will assess markets, leverage competition and strike supplier agreements to provide to long-term supply assurance and pricing advantages to Synaptics.
1. Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers - foundries and other silicon servie providers.
2. Develop negotiation strategy and approach, acceptable terms and conditions and lead the negotiation team through to closure.
3. RF-x Services: Own the interface to and lead engagement with Wafer Foundries for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities.
4. Present RF-x results and bid leveling, and lead the evaluation process of bid award with evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision. Officially close the process with all recognized bidders.
5. Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data and recommendations back to internal team.
6. Own and provide market and actual unit and total cost data which feeds into cost models.
7. Drive continuous supplier improvement in purchase price and total cost, including supply chain performance cost.
8. Measure, report and action cost improvement as compared to market pricing.
9. Supplier development and management: Manage the overall supplier relationship and lead and coordinate efforts to drive supplier performance improvement in all areas.
10. Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance across.
1. BA/BS or equivalent with min. 8 years supply chain/procurement experience, preferably working with foundries & assembly and test suppliers in semiconductor industry.
2. Analytical experience and demonstrated experience influencing and guiding teams to deliver results.
3. Experience in improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective based performance measures.
4. Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, contract strategy development and execution.
5. Experience in influencing at all level including senior leadership.
1. Formulate strategic forecasts and drive both cost reduction commitment with suppliers.
2. Track record of collaboration and delivering results in a cross functional environment is required.
3. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with a penchant for team work.
Back to top