Staff Systems Architect
In this key role reporting to the Director, Platform Engineering, TDDI/In-Cell, the Architect will be accountable for creation of parts of new TDDI/InCell technology and leading end-to-end platform development. The In-Cell platform includes of Synaptics’ ASICs, FW algorithms and SW tools that Application Engineers and other functions can use to support various customer needs. The candidate is expected to work closely with all engineering disciplines including ASIC, FW, SW, Application Engineering, Architecture as well as Program Management and Product Marketing. We are seeking a candidate who is up to the challenge of supporting current and future business needs by delivering innovative, robust platform solutions to our customers.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of delivering Best-In-Class platform solutions to market in a fast paced environment. The position requires this person to apply a wide range of skills, from initial project management (objective setting, resource and contingency planning), through design (system, electrical, firmware, SW tools), to bring-up, test, characterization and report generation.
- EE, CS or applied Math. MS, PHD (or BS + 5 years of relevant experience in industry)
- Minimum 3-5 years engineering experience in embedded SW/Algorithms development and/or circuits design
- Strong technical background some of the following:
- HW systems design or embedded SW design
- Serial Display Interfaces (MIPI, eDP)
- Familiarity with image enhancement algorithms
- Required technical backgrounds include algorithms creation for signals and data processing, circuits theory, familiarity with FW/SW algorithm development.
- Experience working in/with a research & development environment with system level knowledge.
- Hands on systems engineering experience
- Ability to support internal customer and external customer involvement to deliver world class products
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and trust with cross-functional teams in order to influence from a technical perspective and to drive products to market on time
- Must possess ability to context switch and manage competing priorities
- Must possess good communication skills – verbal and written
- Preferable experience designing for and within display or touch technologies
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top