Staff Systems Architect
Synaptics, the world leader in human interface solutions for portable electronic devices, invites qualified applicants to apply for a position as a System Architect on our Platform Architecture team within the Smart Display Division. Platform Architecture is responsible for the development of technology for future product roadmaps that cover billions of units across hundreds of hardware designs.
As a system architect, the candidates will need to build familiarity with our IC, sensor, display and algorithm technologies, as well as deep skills in at least one of these areas. As such, the candidate should have strong electrical engineering skills. Architects develop the next generation of technology, and work with silicon, FW and hardware teams to deliver it. They identify, root cause, and solve problems, navigate trade-offs, and collaborate with other team members and other teams.
- Design new platforms and next generation architectures that integrate touch controller and display driver technologies
- Develop new technologies and features for these platforms
- Collaborate with customers to understand requirements and develop solutions
- Collaborate with silicon team and development team to productize solutions
- Develop simulation tools, hardware and software platforms, and behavioral models to design and validate new solutions
- Some travel will be required as part of this role
- We are seeking a team-oriented individual with a positive attitude and excellent problem solving abilities. Our candidate will have a track record of successfully completing technically complex projects. He or she must be effective in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment.
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math or Physics
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with a technical scripting language such as Python or Matlab
- Hands on systems engineering experience
- Strong technical background in multiple of the following:
- HW systems design
- Serial Display Interfaces (MIPI, eDP)
- Display driver algorithms
- Signal processing
- Circuit theory
- FW/SW algorithms
- Good communication skills in English – verbal and written
- Some travel required
- Desired qualifications
- Familiarity with digital or analog IC design
- Familiarity with TFT circuits
- Familiarity with touch controller or display driver technologies
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top