Staff Software Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com
Synaptics multimedia processors are driving advancements in the connected home. By leveraging our established expertise in high-performance, power-efficient chip design, Synaptics solutions enable rich multimedia, seamless connectivity, and customized experiences on next-generation home entertainment devices. Synaptics VideoSmartTM series products include powerful single-chip 4K UHD media processors for TVs, set-top boxes, and over-the-top (OTT) streaming devices.
The Multimedia software team is searching for bright engineers to join the team to work Android TV, Linux set-top box software development. The team is involved in the development of audio-video device drivers, multimedia framework, streaming protocols, DRM etc.
Job involves pre-post silicon validation of Display pipeline and the interfaces like HDMI/MIPI, development of secure device drivers and framework drivers like DRM-KMS & FB, integrating with Android Display Framework etc.
- Experience in one or more of the below areas
- Platform drivers (Display/HDMI/HDCP/MIPI/Audio)
- Pre/post silicon validation -Display/MIPI/HDMI/HDCP/Audio
- Android TV Display framework - HWC and integrating with HAL
- Linux Graphics subsystem - FB driver, DRM/KMS
- Trusted application development in ARM Trust Zone.
- Excellent skills in C/C++ programming.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux system programming and kernel drivers.
- Good design, programming and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors/Master's degree in CSE/ECE from premier institutions with more than 70% aggregate marks.
- 5-12 years of relevant industry experience.
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top