Staff NPI Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The NPI Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the introduction of new hardware products into production. A successful NPI engineer; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts.
As a member of the Semiconductor Manufacturing team:
- Work with the team to lead the introduction of new products and processes
- Plan and execute on all New Product Introduction (NPI) programs. Establish standards for Design for Manufacturing and lead the definition of manufacturing process requirements for major programs.
- Engage electrical engineers and manufacturing facility from design and prototype development through product launch to ensure schedule, cost and quality objectives are met.
- Provide leadership in defining/communicating Operations’ requirements early in the NPI cycle.
- Coordinate activities relating to Contract Manufacturer’s and Operations extended teams to meet Alpha & Beta trials, RTM and General Availability launch commitments.
- Determine new product manufacturing resource requirements, development plans, and introduction schedules. Work with the broader to team to develop, implement and manage detailed new product introduction schedules, plans and budgets.
- Work closely with engineering, finance, product management, and operations to define, track and ensure completion of NPI project objectives. Project manage/coordinate NPI activities, including: quality, supply chain design, product manufacturability & testability, mfg. cost reduction.
- Participate in programs aimed at reducing production cycle-times, manufacturing defects and product costs.
- Generate documentation and product change information for NPI and sustaining efforts.
- Manage the stabilization of NPI transitions: evaluate in-process quality data and drive corrective action as required to maximize product manufacturability and to mitigate business risks. Manage regular monitoring/reporting and reviews of project spending, schedules and achievement of key milestones as required.
- Develop action plans to characterize and mitigate high risks due to new assembly techniques, technologies, and materials.
- Determines process requirements for new products & measures product performance to those requirements.
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Software requirements: Word, Excel, Access, Visio.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 quality systems
- Working knowledge of FMEA
- Must be able to create and implement assembly/process documentation and provide on-site training to personnel
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing
- Knowledge of electronic components, part numbers and values
- Ability to research parts and/or other information
- Ability to create BOM’s with minimal support
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes; assembly through test
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of RoHS/WEEE
- Familiar with SolidWorks or similar CAD programs
- Familiar with Layout and Schematic capture programs, Protel, Orcad and Allegro
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top