Staff Layout Design Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
As a Senior Layout Engineer, you will be responsibile to lead and perform I.C. mask layout design and physial verification on mixed signal designs. You will be responsble for independently planning and executing the layout, lvs/drc/antenna checks on complex analog mixed-signal integrated circuits. You will work very closely iwth circuit designers and CAD engineers to perform custom mixed-signal blocks layout. Adherence and maintenance of already established companywide layout design & CAD methodologies and process flows.
- 10+ years of industry experience in mixed-signal CMOS IC layout design at block & chip top level, including chip floor planning and integration
- Must have proven track record as a lead layout engineer in coordinating and delivering the full chip layouts under tight schedule constraints.
- Must have experience in handling full chip layout and integration using state of the art I.C. layout tools
- Experience with Cadence Virtuoso-XL and Mentor Graphic Caliber physical verification tools is a must
- Must have good understanding of the analog layout techniques such as device matching, shielding, etc.
- Must be experienced in the layout of ESD devices and I/O circuitry
- Must have good working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Skills in development of standard and custom analog cell libraries.
- Experience in DRC, LVS, ERC, antenna and post layout extraction
- Experience with foundry command deck, PDK, fabrication & mask process
- Tapeout flow experience, Jobdeck review of fractured mask data (MEBES)
- Must have good verbal and written commmunication skills and experienced in creating documents using Microsoft Office
- C-Shell and skill scripting skills are a plus
- Experience with Auto Place and Route tools such as Synopsys ICC is an added plus
- Ability to document procedures and methodologies
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top