Job Title: Staff Software Engineer- Multimedia
Location: Shanghai - Keyuan Rd
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com .
Synaptics has an exciting opportunity for a Linux kernel and BSP Developer with an emphasis on Kernel and low level BSP. You will be part of a team creating complete BSP which running with Linux for all chips in our Business Unit, you are the creator who magically made the chip full functionally.
- BS/MS in CS/EE or related majors with 3+ recently working experience, related with arm low level software/ BSP/GFX/Security.
- Have experience on device driver implementation, such as I2C/SPI/USB/ /sdio/pci-e/ethernet, etc.
- Strong practical C/ASM experience in a cross-compilation environment
- Deep knowledge of Operating Systems concepts and Linux kernel internal
- Strong knowledge of modern 2D/3D graphic technologies, familiar with OpenGLES/Vulkan, related Work experience in Android HWC/Gralloc/HWUI/Surface Flinger are desired
- Familiar with ARM v8-A Architecture and TrustZone ,cryptography ,Maintain ARM Trusted Firmware from ARM release and develop/maintain security features built on top of it
- Resolve/track security vulnerability, include but not limited those issues coming from both internal and external review/testing, Worked as security expert/feature owner and coach other colleagues
- Excellent communication and documentation skill in English
- Familiar with graphic implementation on android/Linux SDK
- Experience on bring-up Yocto based Linux SDK and RDK-V(https://rdkcentral.com/) based system are big plus
- Team worker, being able to work in a group, share tasks, complete tasks, and work on multiple tasks in parallel
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively and own a problem