Staff DSP Software Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Currently seeking a Staff DSP Software Engineer. He or she will be a part of a close knit team responsible for developing state of the art voice and audio algorithms, and will be responsible for the implementation of algorithms on different platforms and verify that they are working as expected.
The responsibilities includes:
- Software implementation of audio and voice processing algorithms, both in C and assembly
- Evaluate algorithm performance through simulations and testing
- Develop unit tests and system tests for DSP algorithms
- Resolve customer performance issues
- Provide feedback and develop suggestions for future product enhancements or improvements
- MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 3+ years' experience
- Strong programming skills and experience with fix point and floating point C programming.
- Work experience of voice signal processing algorithms or audio signal processing algorithms
- A good understanding of digital signal processing
- Experience in embedded real time programming
- Experience with assembly programming, a plus
- Experience with programming Tensilica DSP, a plus
- Knowledge of basic voice signal processing algorithms, like acoustic echo cancellation and noise reduction is preferred
- Knowledge of basic audio signal processing algorithms, like EQ and DRC is preferred
- Ability to work independently and to drive tasks and issues to closure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Synaptics is an Equal Opporutnity Employer
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top