Staff Digital IC Design Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The IC Design team is searching for a hands-on, team oriented, IC design engineer with strong digital design and verification expertise. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the design and verification of digital functions that are part of the innovative touch sensing and display driver technologies. We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced engineer who can work with minimum supervision in our development teams, working closely with our Marketing and Applications team as well as directly with customers in the definition of new projects. This will involve interaction with existing and future customers to ensure that the circuits and systems designed represent the optimum balance of power, size, cost and accuracy.
- Detailed logic design, simulation, synthesis, and verification of RTL code (Verilog/VHDL) for digital sub-systems of system-on-a-chip (SOC) ICs
- Design and Verification of microprocessor based digital systems
- Work closely with place-and-route team on place & route and timing closure
- Use programming languages (C, Perl, TCL etc.) to improve the efficiency of the design and verification tasks
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete designs on time that meet all specifications
- Travel is required as part of this role
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 3+ years of IC digital design experience
- Familiar with SoC design/verification flow and tools (DC, PT, PrimePower, Formality, Tetramax)
- Familiar with CP/FT test flow building
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in mixed-mode co-simulation
- Experience with MCU based or driver product
- Experience in FPGA flow and verification
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top