Staff Digital Design Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The IC Design team is searching for a hands-on, team oriented, ASIC design engineer with strong digital design expertise. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the design of digital blocks and sub-systems that implement innovative touch sensing technologies and other emerging technologies in human interface. The candidate should have good knowledge of RTL coding using Verilog, logic synthesis, timing analysis and DFT.
- Detailed digital microarchitecture design, Verilog RTL coding, simulation, synthesis, and initial verification of RTL code for digital sub-systems of system-on-a-chip (SOC) ICs.
- Work closely with the Design Verification team on functional verification and coverage
- Work closely with Implementation Team on Synthesis
- Work closely with Layout Team on place & route and timing closure.
- Document design through microarchitecture document and design reviews
- Use programming languages (C, Perl, TCL etc.) to improve the efficiency of the design & verification tasks.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot bench tests during silicon characterization.
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete designs on time that meet all specifications.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering with 8 or more years of industry experience is required.
- Design skills and experience at the RTL-level (Verilog/VHDL).
- Hands-on experience in synthesis and timing analysis is required.
- Experience in using IC design tools such as Synopsys VCS, Design Compiler and Primetime is required.
- Working knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as C/C++, Perl, TCL, etc.
- A good understanding of testability and design-for-test (DFT), ATPG, BIST is a big plus.
- Firmware development (using C or Assembly) experience is highly desired
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top