Staff Automotive Functional Safety Engineer (ISO 26262)
- Taipei, Taiwan
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
The Automotive Functional Safety Engineer will be responsible for performing functional safety management activities in accordance with the ISO 26262 Functional Safety standard during all the product development phases. Define the functional safety concept for the relevant system, hardware and software according to ISO 26262 standard.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO 26262 and its implementation.
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according to ISO 26262 for projects
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop hazard analysis, safety concepts, DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
- Lead the implementation of functional safety processes and tools
- Collaborate with different stakeholders on functional safety and be the main contact for safety related inquiries
- Develop and deploy functional safety awareness across departments involved
- Supports external or third-party reviews of functional safety processes and work products
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as functional safety engineer or related role
- Experience in developing and implementing processes to comply with ISO 26262
- Familiarity with the use and implementation of configuration and requirements management tools such as Jira, git, Confluence; JAMA
- Understanding of CMMI or ASPICE, a plus
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and has flexibility to travel
- High level of expertise on ISO 26262 with experience in developing and implementing related processes for compliance
- Experience supporting external or third-party reviews of functional safety processes and work products
- Hands-on experience with relevant tools e.g. JAMA, JIRA, others
- Understanding of Automotive SPICE, a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- English communication required, command of multiple languages a plus.
- Effectiveness in working with teams across various functions and regions.
- Independent with strong drive to get things done to commitment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and information sharing skills.
- Strong process and organizational skills.
Back to top