Staff Automotive Customer Quality Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
Note: Alternative Location - home offices in Germany will also be considered.
The Senior Automotive Customer Quality Engineer will report to the Director of Automotive Quality and be responsible for the following:
After the training he/she is expected to have a good working knowledge of capacitive sensing technology, fingerprint sensing technology, development and testing tools for debugging, firmware configuration, and electronic systems. The position requires a good semiconductor and electronics technology knowledge and analytical skills with support from Failure Analysis Engineers.
This also requires a strong knowledge of automotive requirements per IATF16949 standards and working knowledge of the automotive core tools (SPC, APQP, PPAP, MSA, FMEA).
This position should possess strong communication and excellent problem-solving skills using the 8D methodology and will interact with various regional field personnel - Sales, Field Application Engineers, Application Engineering as well as the Supplier Quality, and Product Design and Development groups.
- BSEE/MSEE with 7+ years of experience in the semiconductor or electronics industry.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in product engineering or customer quality engineering
- Experience in the use and implementation of problem solving tools and methodology (8D, Fault Tree Analysis, Fishbone, 5-whys, etc.)
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process and module assembly manufacturing.
- Added advantage of experience with electronic bench-test equipment and relevant test systems and methodologies
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle challenge and pressure to meet automotive customers' support requirements and expectations
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and has flexibility to travel
- Solid understanding of semiconductor device fundamentals and electrical, electronics, firmware, and system engineering
- Knowledge of semiconductor device physics (CMOS, hi-voltage and mixed signal analog/digital)
- Ability to identify semiconductor device failure mechanisms is an advantage
- Working experience with automotive customers and in problem solving methodologies (8D, Fault Tree Analysis)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. English communication required, command of multiple languages is a plus.
- Ability to effectively engage and serve customers under pressure.
- Effectiveness in working with teams across various functions and regions.
- Independent with strong drive to get things done to meet commitments.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Shubha R.Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top