Staff Application Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
Job Title: Staff Application Engineer
Synaptics is the leading worldwide developer of user interface solutions for mobile computing, communications and entertainment devices. Our mission is to enrich the interaction between users and their intelligent devices. Synaptics products emphasize ease of use, small size, low power consumption, advanced functionality, durability and reliability, making them applicable to a multitude of markets, including notebook computers, PC peripherals, mobile phones, and portable entertainment devices.
- Obtain thorough knowledge and experience of capacitive touch based technology and their applications and related product design including touchpad and finger print reader .
- Engage with customer design team to integrate TouchPad and FingerPrint products into system
- To be the technical lead of a design team for capacitive touch technology based product design .
- Responsible for the success of designing industry's best performing finger print reader and touchpad products by thoroughly understanding the requirements, technology capability, creative use of existing techniques, and innovation .
- Lead the effort in investigating technical issues and provide optimal solutions.
- On-site support customer critical issues in field side.
- Lead cross-function team to address system integration issues.
- Create and improve testing method for TouchPad and FingerPrint products.
- BSEE or MSEE (preferred) with 5 years system design experience and strong component level circuit debugging skills .
- Finger print reader product design experience is preferred qualification.
- Strong circuit debugging skill .
- Experience as a lead hardware engineer in mobile phone design, notebook PC design, or mixed signal ASIC design is a plus .
- Experience in firmware/software development and software testing is beneficial to the job .
- Experience in x86 architecture and Windows driver architecture is a plus.
- Experience in layout design tool and schematics software is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill in English .
- Experience in working with cross functional team to implement system design .
- Good communication skill
- Willing to travel overseas.
Back to top