Sr.Staff DSP Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
We are seeking a passionate DSP engineer whose primary task will be to design, implement, and test algorithms, architectures and schemes related to active noise cancellation and headphone related signal processing. We are a very dynamic group working on cutting-edge algorithms that improve audio experience from consumer electronic devices of different form factors. The workplace is fast paced, creative and above all fun!
- Design and implement efficient DSP blocks and architectures for ANC.
- Evaluate and analyze behavior on custom FPGA and mixed-signal emulation platforms.
- Understand and quantify performance trade-offs in real-life use cases and suggest improvements.
- Develop tuning tools and procedures that generalize well on different form-factors for optimum listening experience.
- Devise subjective and objective validation tests and manage relevant data collection
- Create documentation on the above tasks.
- M.S/Ph.D with at least 10 years of experience.in Audio DSP.
- Demonstrated ability in audio algorithm development in the form of projects/patents
- Proficient in the theory and application of signal processing techniques to audio
- Excellent grasp of statistical signal processing and adaptive filter theory
- Excellent command over MATLAB
- RTL/Verilog/VHDL knowledge is highly desirable
- Good familiarity with fixed-point DSP programming in C is desirable
- Some understanding of transducer acoustics, perceptual qualities of audio
- Familiarity with basic acoustic measurement set-ups and techniques.
- Passion for audio is a big plus.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top