Sr. Technical Sales Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
Successful candidate will report to a local Technical Sales Manager and will have four main functions.
- Build deep relationships with customers' technical leaders
- Survey and share customer Technical Product Roadmap
- Discover new design opportunities. Understand customer requirements for features and product specifications.
- Gather competitive information. Align with Marketing on product definitions for meeting customer requirements
- Be technical contact window to customer.
- Support Account Manager on technical needs.
- Position and align our products with customers' systems and needs.
- Responsible for pre-design technical engagements toward design in/award
- Lead technical pre-design activities
- Manage technical communications on pre-sales activities and coordinate required customizations
- Hand over awarded design to post sales team for design implementations
- Collect all customer feedbacks about our products in entire development especially MP stage
- Provide feedbacks to Marketing/Platform teams for optimizing our products/solutions
- BSEE or MSEE with at least 5 years analog/digital circuit design/application experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Strong analog and digital system knowledge in portable systems.
- Understand PCB/FPCB layout, fabrication and assembly process.
- Experience in supporting customers in consumer electronics industry.
- Experience in working with cross functional team to implement system design.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
- Experienced in mechanical design review and layout design review.
- Familiar with local Senor, PCB, FPC and SMT/COB assembly suppliers.
- Understanding of firmware and embedded systems.
- Knowledge of driver structure in smart phone and PC systems.
- Strong knowledge of display driver structure.
- Strong knowledge of touch and other interface devices preferred.
- Strong knowledge of materials such as glass, PET and other materials available for development of touch and human interface devices.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top