Sr. Staff System Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The IC Design team is searching for a hands-on, team oriented system design engineer. In this role, the engineer will work on system design and signal processing for next generation finger print sensor. He/she will be involved in designing and validating the new sensing technology for future biometric silicon and work closely with both algorithm engineers and IC design engineers.
- Design and improve the biometric sensing methodology
- Understand algorithms in biometric sensing technology and identify time consuming blocks which requires dedicated DSP block
- Architect algorithm in a way suitable for digital design
- Create models in Matlab or C for simulation
- Evaluate and characterize silicon
- Some travel may be required as part of this role
- MSEE or equivalent + 5 years working experience with focus on system engineering and signal processing
- Solid system level analog design knowledge
- Strong background in digital signal processing
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Matlab, and C.
- Knowledge on capacitive sensing technology
- Image processing knowledge
- Firmware development experience
- Analog circuit knowledge
- Sensor design experience
- Solid optical knowledge
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top