Sr Staff DSP R&D Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
- Port audio DSP algorithms to real-time embedded systems.
- Design special-purpose DSPs to be used for real-time audio signal processing applications.
- Work with algorithm designers to realize complex algorithms in efficient highly optimized software and hardware.
- Make use of sophisticated processor design tools.
- Test and debug DSP software and processor hardware using simulation environments, FPGAs, and SoC silicon.
- Create and maintain infrastructure to support development and test of both DSP software and DSP processors.
- Write and review technical documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Expertise in embedded software systems.
- Expertise in porting algorithms to optimized real-time DSP software.
- 10+ years of experience developing real-time DSP software and/or firmware.
- Thorough understanding of processor architectures.
- Thorough understanding of SoC development processes.
- Expertise in software development methodologies and processes.
- Expertise in C/C++, Matlab, and scripting.
- MS EE / Software Engineering / DSP
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with complex real-time audio DSP systems and multiprocessor system.
- Experience with design for very low power.
- Experience porting audio DSP algorithms to optimized software running on DSPs.
- Experience designing/simulating/profiling/testing embedded DSPs and/or multiprocessor systems.
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated and strong commitment to job completion
- Analytical, resourceful, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Track record of successfully meeting deadlines
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top