Sr. Software Engineer
- Shanghai, China
Job Title: Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Multimedia
Location: Shanghai - Keyuan Rd
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
Synaptics is looking for smart and talented people to join our engineering team of IOT division. Eligible candidates will be working on multimedia framework and driver development of smart-home multimedia solutions. This will primarily be a software engineer role.
- Develop and integrate DRM/CAS system software/firmware, such as Widevine, PlayReady and Nagra.
- Design and develop media HALs for Android media framework, like OpenMAX, Codec2.0, audio HAL. Integrate video/audio/display driver component.
- Bring up and maintain media applications like Youtube/Netflix.
- Analysis and debug any issues related to media certification for Android and third party, lick GTS/CTS/NTS.
- System-wise analysis and optimization on media playback issues and performances.
- Write test cases, sample codes and documentations for our existing and newly developed software.
- Occasional on-site customer support abroad.
- MS or BS in CS, EE or related field of leading universities in China.
- Strong programming ability in C, C++, python languages.
- 3+ years of experience in Multimedia audio/video/display development. It is based on Android or another Linux environment.
- Good problem-solving skills, quick learner, self-motivated to work independently, excellent team work
- Fluent communication in both English and mandarin.
- Background of trust zone and DRM technology is a big plus.
- Hands-on experiences on Android, Android multi-media framework, Android audio/video HALs is a big plus.
- Knowledge of media frameworks like Codec2.0/OpenMAX/GStreamer is a big plus.
- Hands-on experience on audio/video driver development is a big plus.
- Familiar with operating system internals and multi-threaded programming is highly desirable.
Back to top