Job Title: Senior Firmware Engineer - Multimedia
Location: Shanghai - Keyuan Rd
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com .
Synaptics has an exciting opportunity for a Linux kernel and bsp Developer with an emphasis on Kernel and low level bsp. You will be part of a team creating complete bsp which running with linux for all chips in our Bussiness Unit, you are the creator who magically made the chip full fucntionally.
- Chip bringup before chip tape-out(on FPGA) and on final chip(after tape-out)
- Design and implement related drivers/components that on new chip which use the new IP
- Resolve technical issues from internal QA and external customers, with the focus on Kernel and drivers
- Design and implement software components for synaptics socs
- Develop Reference board by Board bring up and driver enableing and debug support.
- Review design specs,give feedback,estimate effort and define component requirement.
- Analyze and resolve difficult linux system issues. Profile/optimize system and driver performance.
- Write and review documents for developed software components.
- Work with AE team for support customer board issues in a timely manner by phone/email/online and seldom onsite.
- Android/Linux boot flow development and maintain
- Security work based on ARM V8 architecture
- BS/MS in CS or related majors, has 3+ years experience in BSP development.
- Skills to resolve issues through post-mortem analysis of core dumps and kernel crash files
- Have a deep Knowledge of ARM64 processors architecture
- Familiar with git/gerrit development environment
- Strong practical C experience in a cross-compilation environment
- Knowledge of Operating Systems concepts and Linux kernel internal
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skill in English
- Results oriented
- Experience on development trustzone is a big plus
- Fast learner, able to take over tasks
- Flexibility in working with colleagues across different time zones minimizing inquiry response time lag
- Team worker, being able to work in a group, share tasks, complete tasks, and work on multiple tasks in parallel
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively and own a problem