Sr. Silicon Validation Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The Semiconductor Product and Test team is searching for a hands-on, team oriented, Product/Validation engineer with strong bench validation skills and mixed signal test experience. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the developing validation plans as well as completing bench level ASIC validation. Additionally you will contribute to device characterization, reliability testing and aid in ATE test program development. Prior experience with bench level IC testing using Labview and strong data analysis skills are highly desired. Responsibilities include:
- Generation of validation plans, including detailed bench set-up's and equipment list needed to accurately complete validation
- Complete bench level validation of mixed signal ASIC including data acquisition and analysis
- Work closely with Design Engineering (both digital and Analog/Mixed Signal) to assure complete and accurate validation
- Evaluate and troubleshoot bench tests for silicon validation, characterization and reliability testing.
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete validation on time that meet all specifications.
- Analyze characterization results and create characterization reports.
Create PCB schematics
BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years' of experience in Validation of mixed signal and digital systems, including microcontroller, ADCs, DACs, sensors, high speed serial interfaces.
- Experience with communication interfaces like I2C and SPI.
- Proficiency using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Understanding of jitter components, jitter sources.
- Programming experience with Perl, C, etc. for data post-processing and test automation.
- Strong experience in Labview/Labwindows or something similar is required.
- Experience using data analysis tools like MathLab/Jump/DataPower or similar tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top