Sr. Packaging Simulation Engineer
- Shanghai, China
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Packaging engineer with an emphasis on performing Finite Element modeling and simulation using ANSYS. Ability to interpret FEA results and provide guidance to influence product design improvements. Work with cross-functional groups from concept to volume production in order to meet the structural, thermal, and reliability requirements. Basic understanding of consumer product design processes. Ability to support multiple tasks including simulation work as well as project/process management of IC manufacturing.
International travel to Synaptics suppliers, partners, and customers may be frequent.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in design and/or fabrication of high volume electronic products
- 3+ years of experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA); Direct experience with analysis in consumer electronics or automotive is preferred
- Skilled in using ANSYS
- Experience with Dynamic and Non-Linear simulation is desirable; experience with LS DYNA will be given special preference
- Knowledge of IC packaging, flex circuits, printed circuit boards, solder, adhesives, and material science
- Familiar with Semiconductor assembly processes
- Mechanical engineering design background is preferable
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling such as Pro-e/Creo or SolidWorks
- Familiarity with FloTHERM will be given special consideration
- Involvement in product design and development from initial conceptual design to high volume production
- Detail oriented problem solver with a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve targeted goals
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, as well as in a team environment across functional and organization boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver against a schedule
- Fluent in spoken and written English; Fluency in Mandarin is expected
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering such as Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, Chemistry, or Equivalent as well as occupational experience in similar fields. Special preference will be given to candidates with a Master of Science in Engineering
Synaptics is a global, fast paced and exciting work environment. The successful candidate will be comfortable working across multiple time zones and cultures to enable efficient and successful product development efforts and timely product launches.
Back to top