Sr. Field Applications Engineer - Automotive
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com
- Provide onsite and remote technical support for Synaptics' customers
- Be proficient in Synaptics proprietary technology and promote solutions that meet customer's specific needs
- Work directly with customers through the sales and customer design process of capacitive sensing solutions
- Present technical aspects of the Synaptics biometrics solutions and provide guidance / answer questions as part of the pre-sales process, in addition to providing scoping and feasibility support for their design requirements
- Serve as primary technical interface for customers on new and existing designs
- Evaluate specifications and negotiate with customers
- Work directly with the Synaptics' Product Development group - this includes project manager, systems engineer, mechanical engineer, firmware engineer as well as manufacturing / test / quality engineers
- Communicate and strategize with other FAE and Sales across different regions to deliver the design win
- This position includes travel within Japan to customers and limited travel within ASIA and to the US for training
- Organize distributer FAE network in Japan for Automotive market
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (technical junior college)
- More than three years FAE experience. >5y is preferable.
- Experience for automotive application (multimedia, cluster, body, powertrain application)
- Knowledge for both HW and SW. Coding (e.g. driver) experience is preferable.
- Able to manage customer expectations well
- Establish and maintain good relationships with designers / engineers at target customers
- Self-motivated in a project oriented environment
- Good reasoning and problem solving / analytical skills
- Eager to learn and a team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic personality, able to work well as part of a team, share knowledge, and motivate others
- Native for Japanese
- Very good English reading and writing skills.Basic level of conversational English (TOEIC minimum score of 600)
- Willing to frequent travel to customer site (outside of Tokyo).
Preferred but not required:
- High level of spoken English (TOEIC score of 750+)
- Strong project management experience
- Familiar with board-level circuit design background
- Finger print sensor or human interface products experience.
- Automotive MCU experience
- Familiar with PC / notebook / PC Peripherals and Windows driver stack
- Experience with capacitive touch sensor products
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top