Sr. Director, Program Management
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, and Consumer IoT audio and video products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, Consumer IoT and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ:SYNA) www.synaptics.com
Synaptics is seeking a Director (or Sr. Director) of Program Management for the Internet of Things (IoT) Division's business team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and self-motivated director of program management to manage a portfolio of programs in an exciting and dynamic transformational environment. The IoT Division is a blend of acquired and internal businesses that are being shaped to drive significant growth. As a leader within the IoT organization, you will be responsible for managing overall delivery of both, strategic and tactical programs.He/she will help drive program set-up, schedule management & communication, expectation management, POR change management, and successful delivery. He/she will also enable the organization to collaborate more closely with an experienced field organization to enable customer satisfaction. Internally, you will collaborate with a tightly integrated program management, engineering and business organization to enable successful execution of programs.
He/she will be situated inside the IoT Division within a group that is responsible for Program Management, Business Operations and Divisional Strategy. This vantage point will provide insight, which, in combination with your customer proximity/relationships will enable you to influence the direction and success of our key programs. This position will also involve interaction across multiple levels in the organization, including with subject matter experts and senior/executive management. In this influential role, you will report to the Vice President of Program Management and Business Operations.
The ideal candidateshouldhave SW/HW/Silicon know-how and program management background, coupled with strong collaboration & expectation management skills.He/she have deep passion for the business with an ability to balance customer and divisional priorities. He/she achieve results through exceptional structured thinking coupled with a strong process driven approach. He/she have demonstrated the ability to install working processes, motivate and channel people, and strike the right balance between process and agile execution.
The ideal candidateshould have the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally, with a bias towards action. He/she are collaborative and team-oriented, yet able to generate constructive tension and drive results through influence. You are a strong communicator at multiple levels in the organization. You have proven track record of managing people in a growth environment.
This is a highly visible and influential role with strong growth opportunity for a successful high-performing candidate.
- Manage portfolio of platform/customer programs from inception through final delivery and support:
- Initial planning and scope development, including business case validation and review
- Steer the scoping and prioritization activities to ensure appropriate POR & schedule focus
- Work closely with marketing and engineering to ensure timely delivery
- Manage changes to POR and customer expectations
- Lead the internal and customer communications as required for alignment on schedule and POR
- Manage platform and customer program managers
- Drive operating discipline by leveraging processes, key cadences and active goal-setting
- Manage program risks proactively, identify program risks and coordinate internal cross-functional discussions to address risks before they become issues
- Provide program status and represent programs to IoT divisional leadership
- Set direction and influence cross-department engagement for program execution and drive synchronization across multiple program teams
- Drive data-driven decision-making, including actively guiding scoping and prioritization decisions on key programs
- 10+ years of experience in the industry, with 5+ years of experience in managing people and delivering complex programs
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-regional teams to deliver program goals
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills, coupled with strong presentation & influence skills
- Strong sense of awareness with ability to navigate stakeholder sensitivities
- Strategic acumen, with proven ability to anticipate-and-tackle
- Passion for driving systematic improvements to enable the organization to scale
- Experience with silicon, software and hardware engineering
- Executive presence with the ability to influence executives using systematic data-driven approaches
- Expertise in Product Life Cycle (PLC) and Product Development & Release (PDR) methodologies.
- BS or higher, with exposure in technical fields
- Work collaboratively across geographies and functions - travel approximately 15 - 20% of time
Synaptics is an equal opportunity employer
Back to top