Sr. Analog Design Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The IC design team is searching for a hands-on and team oriented IC design engineer with strong analog and mixed-signal design expertise. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the design and verification of complex analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits that implement innovative touch sensing and mobile display driver technologies. We are looking for a self-motivated experienced engineer who will work with our architecture, system engineering and firmware teams to implement analog mixed-signal blocks. Contribute to get optimal balance of between power, size, cost and accuracy. Responsibilities include:
- Help define chip and block level specifications, implement circuit designs topologies and architectures for the touch and display controller markets
- Interface with test, product and applications engineers to successfully bring new products from initial concept through release to production
- Carrying out detailed analog and mixed-signal circuit analysis using both hand analysis and computer simulation at both the transistor & top level
- Writing internal and external documents and publications that describe the new circuit architectures and designs
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of process technologies
- Contribute in silicon characterization in the lab and analyze pre-production test data
- Work closely with layout team on critical blocks
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete designs on time that meet all specifications.
- Produce and contribute to product design support materials (data sheets, articles, app notes, develop design tools, etc.)
The candidate should have excellent knowledge of analog and mixed-signal electronics. The person should have a track record of initiative and innovation in their previous design experience. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and quick to adopt new technologies. Exceptional interpersonal, time management and communication skills are critical for working with engineering and product development groups. He/She must have the ability to multi-task, thus ensuring timely completion of several complex independent tasks.
- MS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with expertise in analog and mixed-signal CMOS IC design
- 3-12 years of industry experience in transistor-level design of full-custom CMOS analog building blocks (especially low voltage) including but not limited to: amplifiers, comparators, mixers, data converters (both Nyquist-rate & oversampled), active filters (continuous time & switched capacitor), oscillators, IO driver and ESD protection, and power supplies (DC/DC Converters).
- Keen knowledge of physical layout and thorough understanding of related issues.
- Experience in using Cadence custom IC design tools: analog circuit simulation (Spectre and Ultrasim), mixed-signal simulation (Analog Artist, AMS-Designer).
Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work independently.
Candidate should be prepared to discuss successful experiences in solving problems creatively, innovative circuit designs, taking initiative and ability to follow through.
- Hands-on measurement lab skills and familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
- Work with circuit design and system engineers to define verification needs and create verification plans
- Support of analog and digital designers in developing Verilog-A, Verilog-AMS, and System Verilog behavioral models. Ensure validity and optimize performance of designers’ behavioral models
- Verilog-A, and Verilog-AMS modeling, Integration of designers’ behavioral model into full system verification suites
- Experience with specification, architecture, and floorplanning for mixed-signal integrated circuits
- Familiarity to top-down mixed signal verification strategies for state-of-the-art SoCs, using metric driven methodologies
Back to top