Senior Software Engineer - Multimedia Audio Sub System
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
- Synaptics is looking for smart and talented people to join our engineering team of IOT division. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a large team around the world working to create revolutionary products. Eligible candidates will be working on audio drivers of our Android STB solutions. This will primarily be a Senior or Staff software engineer role. Responsibility would include:
- Develop and integrate audio components like decoders, encoders, post processing.
- Develop and integrate audio related hardware drivers.
- System-wise analysis and optimization on audio media playback issues and performances.
- Write test cases, sample codes and documentations for our existing and newly developed software.
- Occasional on-site customer support abroad.
- MS or BS in CS, EE or related field of leading universities in China
- Strong programming ability in C, C++, and scripting languages.
- Proficiency in Linux development environments. Familiar with operating system internals and multi-threaded programming is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in some of audio codec, such as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD, DTS-HDMA, HE-AAC, MPEG 1/2/3.
- Master some of audio signal processing skills, such as sample rate converter, EQ, echo effort.
- Good problem solving skills, quick learner, self-motivated to work independently, excellent team work
- Ability in ARM assembly is a plus.
- Hands-on experiences on Android, Android multi-media framework, Android audio/video HALs is a big plus.
- Knowledge of media frameworks like OpenMAX/GStreamer/DirectShow/QuickTime is a big plus.
- Experience in HDMI/SPIDF interface programming is a big plus.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top