Senior Product Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics is searching a Team oriented ASIC Product Engineer to interact with OSAT for gold bumping, COG and COF process and development, especially in LCD driver industry, support new product introduction, care of manufacturing data and yield improvement, and resolve the process issue related to low yield or RMA issue. The ideal candidate must demonstrate solid understanding of:
- Gold bumping, COG and COF process and operation
- COF design methodology and layout rules
- New technology development and validation procedure on COF
- Failure analysis of semiconductors
- Statistical data analysis and usage of the tools
The responsibility will involve direct communication with the new product introduction team, and the management of the ASIC supply chain vendors.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering with 6 or more years of industry experience in product engineering.
- Proven track record at releasing new product to high volume production and successful sustaining the product in production.
- Understanding of OSAT processes and operation.
- Understanding the relationship between testing and failure mechanism.
- To drive and deliver reduction in product manufacturing cost including yield improvement and cost reduction.
- Experience with data analysis tools for yield tracking and yield improvement analysis.
- Experience on common packaging is a plus.
- Good communication skills - English.
- Willingness to travel.
- Multi-tasking skills.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top