Senior Network Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The Sr. Network Engineer will report directly to the IT Manager and will work closely with the IT Team on a daily basis. The candidate will be primarily responsible for the deployment, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure at Synaptics, including remote US and offshore locations. The Sr. Network Engineer will also be responsible for documenting and assessing our current network infrastructure, and will be expected and encouraged to make recommendations for its improvement, and to implement changes as directed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be certified on either Cisco/Arista or Brocade IP hardware, and have good working knowledge and experience with Juniper equipment.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience managing corporate networks with multiple sites.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working with the following protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with network security and monitoring systems, IDS, perimeter security, firewall, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with medium to large IT projects/rollouts involving network expansions or refreshes.
- Expertise in LAN/ WAN Routing required
- Experience with Aruba Wireless is preferred. Wireless Networking experience is required.
- Experience with Riverbed for WAN Acceleration is preferred
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Nagios, Zenoss.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Must be able to work within an enterprise ticketing system (such as ServiceNow, Remedy, HP ServiceDesk, etc.) and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
Desired Skills and Experience
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Windows and storage is desirable
- Advanced scripting skills (Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, etc.) are a plus.
Synaptics is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top