Senior Field Applications Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
The Field Application Engineer is a member of the EMEA sales group organization located at the Synaptics branch office in Lausanne, Switzerland. The EMEA sales organization is covering all EMEA-based customers in the notebook, mobile, handheld and automotive spaces. The candidate is expected to interact with automotive customers directly to understand the customers' requirements, present technical Synaptics technologies and solutions and support product development. This position functionally reports to EMEA FAE Manager, based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Board design experience, especially for analog circuitry (schematics, layout)
- Embedded Systems design/debug
- Hardware debugging skills using oscilloscope, logic analyzer and other equipments.
- Basic Software debugging skills in assembly and C
- Familiar with communication protocols such as I2C and SPI.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support for Synaptics' customers
- Identify opportunities for our capacitive sensing solutions, be proficient in Synaptics proprietary technology and promote solutions that meet customer's specific needs.
- Present technical aspects of the Synaptics capacitive solutions and provide guidance / answer questions as part of the pre-sales process, in addition to providing feasibility support for their design requirements.
- Work directly with customers through the sales and customer design process of capacitive sensing solutions.
- Serve as primary technical interface for customers on embedded software-related projects.
- Evaluate specifications and negotiate with customers.
- Work directly with the Synaptics' Product Development group - this includes project managers, systems engineers, mechanical engineers, firmware engineers as well as manufacturing / test / quality engineers.
- Support other FAEs
- Self-motivated in a project oriented environment.
- Good reasoning and problem solving/analytical skills - eager to learn.
- Dynamic personality, able to work well as part of a team, share knowledge, and motivate others.
- This position includes travel within Europe to customers and limited travel to ASIA and to the US for training.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 4-6 years of experience in Hardware/Software/System Design or Applications Engineering
- Prior field applications engineering experience at a semiconductor or systems company.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to manage customer expectations well.
- Must develop and maintain good relationships with designers/engineers in local territory at target customers desired.
- Excellent French & English reading and writing skills.
- Experience with Analog technology a plus.
- Experience in LCD drivers and capacitive touch a plus.
- Prior automotive experience desirable.
- Knowing German is a plus. Italian nice to have.
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Shubha R.Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top