Position: Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Headcount Num.: 1
The leading developer of human interface solutions which enhance the user experience, Synaptics provides the broadest solutions portfolio in the industry. The ClearPad® family supports touchscreen solutions for devices ranging from entry-level mobile phones to flagship premium smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs. The TouchPad™ family, including ClickPad™ and ForcePad®, is integrated into the majority of today's notebook PCs. NaturalID™ fingerprint sensor technology enables authentication, mobile payments, and touch-based navigation for smartphones, tablets, and notebook computers. Synaptics' wide portfolio also includes ThinTouch® supporting thin and light keyboard solutions, as well as key technologies for next generation touch-enabled video and display applications. Synaptics has been in the forefront of developing state of the art voice processing algorithms that have enabled robust speech recognition performance and crystal clear voice communication, on various consumer products. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com .
The Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer will report to Software Manager.
The position develops firmware for MCU and Audio DSP mostly based on RTOS and help customer to use our audio products to get best audio performance.
The responsibilities includes:
- Develop firmware for Synaptics' audio products.
- Provide feedback and develop suggestions for future product enhancements or improvements.
- Firmware bring up on FPGA or Silicon Chip.
- Run FPGA and Silicon Chip test during early production stage.
- Resolve customers' integration and performance issues.
- Onsite support customer when necessary.
- B.S./M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years for B.S. or 3 years for M.S. of extensive software development experience.
- Excellent English Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge about programing and debugging with embedded platforms.
- Expert knowledge about operation system principles.
- Rich experience on RTOS development including kernel, driver and application. FreeRTOS experience is a plus.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Good at assembly code. Experience with ARM assembly is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of USB, I2C, I2S, SPI, OSPI spec and working experience with driver development of those interfaces and device under that interface.
- Experience with USB device firmware development.
- Ability to lead technical discussions in customer engagements.
- Highly motivated individual and team player.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work closely with remote teams.
- Willing to do work related travel, including international travel.
- Experience with verifying USB device controller on FPGA platform is a plus.
- Experience with UAC device FW development is a plus.
- Experience with sound enhancement algorithms is a plus.
- Experience with testing audio system performance a plus.
- Experience with customer support is a plus.
- Experience on working with hardware OEM/ODM is a plus.
- Experience with TZ development is a plus.
- Experience with Audio process related development is a plus.