Senior Director, ASIC System Architecture
- San Jose, CA
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, multimedia, and edge AI products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP, and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality, and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure, and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com
This role will report to the S VP of Product Development . The chosen candidate will be a leading technologist for the mobile and automotive business units and help drive the division's technology roadmap. The candidate will manage and contribute to the Analog and Digital ASIC , and system architecture and development for all product lines within the division . As a leader of a multi-disciplinary team of architects and domain-specialists, you will be expected to help guide your team in driving the most innovative technology in the market. You will help drive insightful and critical design and architecture decisions .
The candidate will interact closely with other leaders and teams within the division, including marketing, silicon engineering, firmware/algorithms, applications engineering, and sales. A key responsibility of this role is to help drive the appropriate product definition and technology development required for our marketing leaders to deliver compelling products to our customers. In addition, the successful candidate will drive new technology innovation.
Extensive prior experience with silicon design is a must, as this role will work closely with the silicon team to define the right silicon requirements for implementation. Overall, excellent communications skills, strategic vision, and consensus-building are all key skillsets for this role.
ASIC Architects at Synaptics are given key responsibilities at all stages of the product development pipeline, including: early discussions with marketing and lead customers to assess product requirements; initial architecture development and specification; tight interaction with silicon teams to assess implementation tradeoffs; ASIC bring up and rapid feature development and deployment . Candidates for this role must have a strong and multi-disciplinary technical background and the ability to drive results across organizational boundaries.
This role will be directly managing both high-performing individual contributors and managers of small functional teams. E xperience managing individuals for growth and aligning multiple teams for maximal cross-functional impact is a major plus. Overall, we are seeking an individual with strong management and leadership skills, excellent organization and attention to detail, and the ability to inspire and motivate his or her team.
- Significant direct experience in silicon design, preferably deep digital or analog expertise, along with mixed signal
- Strong experience in data communications, image or digital signal processing, sensors, wireless protocols, graphics, or related fields preferred
- Experience with consumer products including Human Interface Devices desirable
- Track record of defining compelling and complex mixed-signal SOCs and successfully driving the specification, development, and deployment of these products into the market.
- Strong skills in architecture development, specification discovery, and trade-off analysis.
- Experience managing a team of multi-disciplinary engineers and providing hands-on technical leadership.
- Excellent technical communications and strategic vision.
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related degree
Back to top