Senior Audio System Application Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
As part of a dynamic team, the Senior Audio System Application Engineer will be responsible for implementation and optimization of audio systems (in a laboratory or real life setting) and creation of tools and scripts which result in performance improvements, in Synaptics audio products. The successful candidate would be willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Design/implement reference platforms which demonstrate company features.
- Design and implement audio tools and test systems (used to characterize Noise Suppression/Cancellation, Echo Cancellation, and various audio processing technologies) which will lead to:
- Complying with customer requirements (Skype, Amazon Quick Start).
- Benchmarking of Synaptic saudio features and products.
- Achieving compelling end user experiences, from Synaptics audio products.
- Develop use cases and test criteria (objective and subjective) which allow company to improve or articulate (in communication to customers) audio features or products.
- Design, test and optimization of acoustic systems and DSP tuning to provide best in class performance.
- Manage multiple customer engagements at any given time.
- Establish/contribute to processes which reduce risks of customer audio system integrations and improve efficiencies/effectiveness of existing processes.
- TrainSynaptics' AEs and sales teams on demos and best practices with respect to audio implementations.
- Draft System requirement documents, Acoustic Integration guidelines, Audio Electronics integration and tuning guidelines.
- Design Verification and troubleshooting in the lab.
- Benchmark and characterize competing solutions.
Skills and Attributes:
- Self-motivated and strong commitment to job completion
- Analytical, resourceful, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Track record of successfully meeting deadlines
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Previous experience supporting customers with system integration of hardware, acoustics, tuning and/or software
- Proven Knowledge of the factors that contribute to excellent perceived audio performance.
- Solid knowledge in electronics testing and troubleshooting
- Experience with audio system integration and optimization.
- Experience in debugging hardware and audio performance
- Familiarity with debug tools such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.
- Experienced with audio analyzers and test equipment.
- Experience automating audio tests through programming skills in Matlab, C and other scripting languages.
- Experience tuning audio DSP features.
- Familiarity with Noise suppression, echo cancellation DSP technologies, Codecs
- Familiarity with customers and products in Smart Home market segment e.g. Smart Speakers, TVs, Smart sensors, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study and at least 5 years of relevant work experience
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top