Senior Applications Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
- Development of DOE(design of experiments) for testing, analyzing, and benchmarking solutions and or other human interface devices.
- Support of hardware/software bring up, debug and evaluation.
- Provide a technical interface between ASIC and platform engineers.
- Develop reports summarizing technical findings on projects.
- Design and build evaluation, qualification and characterization platforms and PCBs
- Support ASIC data sheet and platform data sheet creation and technical documentation
- Remote site training (occasional travel will be required)
- New product introduction technical support.
- Technical support for unique field return analyses and corrective action assessment.
- Responsible for understanding requirements and validating performance at the module and system-level
- Responsible for guiding platform and product architecture on field requirements for current and future developments
- Experience with application and use of complex mixed-signal ICs.
- Solid system-level technical skills including hands-on skills in evaluating and troubleshooting analog and digital prototype system hardware.
- At least 5 years of experience developing embedded platforms for display products or personal mobile devices that utilizes sensing technologies.
- Solid understanding of embedded hardware systems design.
- Hands-on experience with test equipment and troubleshooting embedded interface protocols such as I2C, SPI, MIPI and USB
- Strong understanding of analog and digital theory
- Strong Board level (PCB) design experience including experience in layout for noise immunity, ESD protection and analog considerations
- Experience with system integration, module level and ASIC level debug/bring-up to aid release of platform
- Familiarity with System Validation and evaluation of module level and sensor IC level products.
- Requires some travels domestically and internationally
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- 5 years, min. of experience in related fields
- Experience with Capacitive Sensing Touch Controllers strongly desired
- Experience with display drive electronics, dc-dc converters and power management functions, embedded microcontrollers and firmware along with high-speed serial interfaces (MIPI DSI or eDP) and image processing blocks.
- Strong experience in mobile handset device architecture including application processor, graphics and power management functions.
- Experience with RF/EMC compliance designs
Back to top