Regional Program Manager
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The Regional Program Manager is accountable for driving and ensuring the successful definition, execution, and delivery through MP of Synaptics products for SDD Strategic Customer Programs by working closely with the Division’s Marketing, Platform PM, Operations, Sales, Engineering, and all other key product development and functional teams.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Successful Execution: The Regional Program Manager owns and drives their strategic customers’ deliverables against committed plan and schedule. Ability to lead the team, communicate, identify and manage all interdependencies for every deliverable and milestone.
- Supports SDD Field, external customers, and platform team during development phase to ensure customer requirements are vetted, understood, and executed successfully as part of the platform development.
- Cost Roadmap: Supports Field, Marketing, Supply Chain and Engineering Teams to ensure clear communication of customer cost requirements.
- Technical Roadmap and Schedule: Works hand-in-hand with Technical Marketing, Systems Architect and Engineering Teams to ensure customer product requirements are communicated clearly and features are prioritized into the Technical Roadmap. Participate in the PRD process and define deliverables that map to customers’ roadmap. Works with the core development team to make sure development is aligned with Customer Requirements.
- Buy-In and Support: Owns to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders on the overall customer delivery plan, and core team/resources are assigned for support. Able to manage risks and get buy-in from management on key decision points.
- Owns communication of program execution dependencies and risks, and escalates to management as needed; surface issues quickly and drive to quick resolution.
- Continuous, cross-functional alignment: Works closely with Marketing and Sales team to ensure successful customer alpha engagements. Must be able to manage cross-regional products have 100% alignment with customer roadmap and expectations. Must be able to drive activities and alignment of functional groups in various regions.
- Minimum of Business, Bachelor of Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (BS, CS, CE, EE)
- 10+ years Industry Experience, involved in complex engineering product development that includes software & hardware.
- Program Management experience leading complex development programs a strong plus.
- LCM industry knowledge and experience a plus
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- ASIC level knowledge.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products.
- Must be able to travel internationally 15-20% of the time.
- Act as a leader within the organization.
- Excellent Team work skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Knowledge of what it takes to execute introduction of a new technology platform from sample stage to Mass Production.
- Customer focus – internal and external customers.
- Strong Business Perspective.
- Strong technical breadth and depth.
- Self-motivated and driven; demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for success of large programs.
- Ability to take managed risks.
- Can prioritize and focus; an independent thinker and problem solver.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top