Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The Program Manager will own & lead the introduction of product platform project(s) from inception through field deployment and initial mass production. This may include projects across all lines of business supported by the Mobile Division. The Program Manager will be responsible for acceptance of new platforms by all other groups. This includes identifying areas that have not been addressed, making sure that minimum criteria are met, and working as a liaison between various different groups throughout the company including marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and finance. The Program Manager will also serve as a Project Manager for some projects within a platform.
This role will include collaborating with platform development engineers, customer engineering, regional program management, supply chain, sales, and marketing to define the scope and functional spec of the new platform or capability, aggressively leading these groups and working with them to define and create the models and support structure required to bring a new platform successfully to market. This individual will serve as the "go-to" person for their assigned platform development projects. This role may also involve working on internal improvement, infrastructure, or technology development projects.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent CS, CE, EE)
- 3+ years of experience leading complex engineering product development that including software& hardware
- Knowledge of what it takes to execute introduction of a new technology platform from sample stage to Mass Production.
- Ability to define program objectives and project scope.
- Ability to create a detailed project schedule/plan.
- Customer focus – internal and external customers.
- Strong technical breadth and depth, and can command the respect of customers and peers.
- Works well with matrix organization.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to see all interdependencies for every deliverable and milestone.
- Accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take managed risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to do some international travel
Synaptics is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top