Principal, BI and Data Analytics
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
Works within Corporate IT and is responsible for directing, managing, supervising, and coordinating development and support activities for Synaptics business intelligence and machine learning applications. Responsible for all aspects of the application development project life cycle. Manages a team of business intelligence, reporting and data warehousing developers and analysts and early stage machine learning. Is responsible for the planning, supervision and management of development projects in support of business initiatives. Participates in developing IT organizational mission, objectives, initiatives, and planning with some oversight from immediate manager. Also drives several cross-functional activities related to business analytics, machine learning, data mining, statistical modeling and data governance throughout the enterprise, involving business leaders from all areas of the organization.
- Set the strategy and direction for Business Intelligence across all business areas
- Develop machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling for predictive and prescriptive enterprise analytics.
- Investigate state of the art techniques in advanced machine learning and statistical modeling, and design, develop, and deploy state-of-art, scalable systems for innovative analytics applications
- Analyze the various data sets, based on the business goal, find the characteristics of the data and create proper advanced models for them
- Lead the development of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for business intelligence, data analytics and reporting
- Manages data integrity throughout the organization related to enterprise reporting
- Maintains a vision towards proper implementation of a Business Intelligence environment and the practices that are required to make the implementation successful
- Define and implement best practice development standards as they relate to a BI-specific development methodology
- Oversee architectural design sessions and sets the direction for tools and processes related to business intelligence
- Proactively manage complex project schedules and budgets, checking for scope changes and adjusting resources and deadlines accordingly.
- Assist the supported business area/service and acts as an IT liaison.
- Develop strong working relationships within the business applications team and the business leaders across the company
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related experience. Masters degree, a plus.
- Minimum of 12 years related experience
- 10+ years experience managing a data warehouse environment including, Oracle's OBIEE tool suite as well as Essbase
- 10+ years experience managing a business intelligence team
- 2+ years working experience on analytical areas especially big data analytics (Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis).
- Understanding of key business metrics and should have worked on building dashboards and analytics for sales, product divisions, operations, supply chain, and finance
- Prior work experience in dimensional data modeling including development of database models and ETL integration
- Work experience in application integration, ideally with both internally hosted enterprise applications as well as external SaaS applications - Oracle ERP, Agile PM, SalesForce, SuccessFactors, Hyperion, Jira, Confluence
- Led the selection of a Data Analytics solution
- Able to communicate effectively through all channels with the key leaders throughout the organization
- Able to anticipate obstacles to success and be prepared to mitigate those risks.
- Understand and apply project life cycle process to effectively manage through the complexities of the business solution
- PMP Certification or other Project Management Methodology experience a plus.
- ITIL Certification and experience or familiarity with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) a plus
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top