Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
The IC Design team is searching for a hands-on, team oriented, IC design engineer with strong analog and mixed-signal design expertise. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the design and verification of mixed-signal integrated circuits that implement innovative mobile display driver technologies. We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced engineer who can work with minimum supervision in our development team, working closely with our Marketing and Applications team as well as directly with customers in the definition of new projects. This will involve interaction with existing and future customers to ensure that the circuits and systems designed represent the optimum balance of power, size, cost and accuracy.
- Help define and specify new products, circuit designs and architectures for the display driver markets.
- Interface with test, product and applications engineers to help successfully bring new products from initial concept through release to production.
- Carrying out detailed analog and mixed-signal circuit analysis using both hand analysis and computer simulation at both the transistor level and the top level.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the process technologies.
- Drive silicon performance evaluation in the lab and analyze pre-production test data.
- Work closely with the layout team on critical blocks.
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete designs on time that meet all specifications.
- Produce or contribute to product design support materials (data sheets, articles, app notes, develop design tools, etc)
- Successful candidate should have an excellent knowledge of analog and mixed-signal circuits, be capable of accepting responsibility and have good interpersonal skills. The person should be able to demonstrate a track record of initiative and innovation in their previous design experience. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and quick to adopt new technologies. Exceptional interpersonal, time management and communication skills are critical for working with engineering and product development groups. Candidate must have the ability to multi-task, thus ensuring timely completion of several complex independent tasks. The candidate should have significant experience in the following areas:
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 4 or more years' experience in designing analog and mixed signal IC design.
- Experience in touch control IC architecture development.
- Experience in Specification/Architecture/Floorplan development.
- Experience in using Cadence IC design environment.
- Working knowledge of Verilog, Verilog-A and Verilog-AMS.
- Experience with Analog Mixed-Signal (AMS) tools such as Cadence AMS-Designer and experienced with Mixed mode simulation and modeling.
- Experience in chip-level integration of LCD drivers.
- Experience in OP AMP, switch cap filter, ADC, I/O and ESD design.
- Experience in debugging customer issue with supporting team.
Back to top