Mixed Signal design engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
The Multimedia IoT Central Engineering team is searching for a hands-on, team oriented engineer with analog and mixed-signal design expertise. In this role, you will be responsible for the design of mixed-signal integrated circuits that implement innovative audio and video technologies for IoT applications. You should have knowledge of design and simulation of both analog and digital CMOS circuits.
- Design, simulation and layout of high performance PLLs, high speed I/Os (serial or parallel), clock distribution circuits, opamps, voltage regulators, voltage references and other analog and mixed-signal circuits
- Analyze power, performance, area, and system tradeoffs for different circuit architectures. Present compelling arguments for an optimal solution based on analyses
- Write, debug, and run testbenches using transistor-level and behaviorally modeled circuits to do performance verification over design corners at all operating modes using Spice and Fast Spice circuit simulators
- Analyze package concerns, signal integrity issues and work with the packaging team to bring open issues to closure
- Work with ESD experts to implement appropriate ESD solutions based on system requirements
- Work with the verification team to enable integration into top level test environments and provide support via functional models
- Design tests for silicon evaluation and characterization. Evaluate, characterize, and test all major blocks and performance parameters of mixed-signal ASICs on the bench
- Develop automated/scripted design flows for the above mentioned development processes
- Interface with test, product and applications engineers to successfully bring new IoT products from initial concept through release to production
The candidate should have excellent knowledge of analog and mixed-signal design, be capable of accepting technical lead responsibility and have good interpersonal skills. The person should have a track record of initiative and innovation in their previous experience. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and quick to adopt new technologies. Exceptional interpersonal, time management and communication skills are critical for working with engineering and product development groups. He/She must have the ability to multi-task, thus ensuring timely completion of several complex independent tasks.
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with expertise in analog and mixed-signal CMOS IC design
- At least 5 years of industry experience in transistor-level design of full-custom CMOS analog and mixed-signal building blocks including but not limited to: CTLE, DFE, CDRs, PLLs, transmit drivers, amplifiers, filters, DACs, ADCs, and power supplies
- Knowledge of PLL loop analysis and/or high speed I/O design
- Knowledge of receive and transmit equalization architectures for SerDes designs
- Experience with 5Gbps and above data rate SerDes designs
- Knowledge circuits such as LDOs, bandgaps, current references etc.
- Experience correlating simulation results to silicon results
- Experience with analog layout, signal integrity issues at the package and board level
- Experience with system-level issues and top-down design methodology; high level circuit modeling experience using a tool such as Matlab
- Experience in using Cadence and Synopsys custom IC design and simulation tools: analog circuit simulation, and mixed-signal simulation
- Working knowledge of programming and scripting languages (C, Perl, Skill, etc.)
- Organized and creative thinker, motivated, and independent learner who can multitask in a dynamic environment, able to create and implement new solutions where required
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, analytical skills and laboratory proficiency
- Must have excellent documentation, communication skills and ability to work independently
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top