Manager, Digital IC Design
The IC Design team is searching for a hands-on, team oriented, IC design manager with strong digital design and verification expertise. As a design manager, you will work with our marketing and application team as well as directly with customers in the definition and specification of display driving and/or touch sensing ASICs. You will be responsible for the architecture/floorplan trade off analysis, resource planning, and project schedule planning. You will also work with the silicon validation team and the testing development team to get the ASIC validated and qualified.
- Logic design, simulation, synthesis, and verification of RTL codes (Verilog and/or VHDL) for digital sub-systems of system-on-a-chip (SOC) ICs.
- Design and verification of micro-controller based digital systems.
- Work closely with place-and-route team on place & route and timing closure.
- Use programming languages (C++, C, Perl, TCL etc.) to improve the efficiency of the design and verification tasks.
- Successfully bring new products from initial concept through release to production
- Schedule tasks and goals to complete designs on time that meet all specifications.
- Produce or contribute to product design support materials (datasheet, reference manual, app note, develop configuration tools, etc.)
- Travel is required as part of this role.
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 10 or more years of experience
- Design skills and experience at the RTL level (Verilog and/or VHDL)
- Experience in using IC design environment such as Synopsys VCS/DVE or Cadence NC-Sim
- Good understanding of design-for-test (DFT), BIST, and ATPG
- Experience in programming and scripting languages such as C/C++, Perl, TCL, etc.
- Chip level integration experience in display driver IC and/or touch controller IC
- Design and verification experience in color correction and color enhancement, contrast enhancement, outline sharpening, and noise filtering
- Design and verification experience in low gate-count, visually lossless compression and de-compression algorithm
- Design and verification experience in content adaptive brightness control (CABC), sunlight readability enhancement (SRE), and sub-pixel rendering (SPR) technology
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with Analog Mixed-Signal (AMS) tools such as Cadence AMS-Designer or Mentor ADMS
- Experience in using software tools (Compiler, Assembler, Debugger)
Back to top