Information Security Analyst
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
This Information Security Analyst position will focus on Information Security operation, participating in Cyber threat detection, incident response, and remediation activities.
- Serves as a technology resource for InfoSec Operation. Areas include firewalls, remote access VPN, web service load-balancer, network and end-point IDS/IPS systems, and access control systems.
- Perform daily security logs and alerts review, analysis to assist in Cyber threat detection and incident response activities.
- Conduct security assessments, penetration testing, and manage identified issues to resolution.
- Provides advice and guidance to users and cross IT functions on Information Security practices in adherence with Information Security policy, and improve security posture.
- Prepare weekly and monthly status reports on security matters.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree in computer science, data communications, electrical or computer engineering or an equivalent combination of course work and experience.
- +5 years’ experience in Information Security, ideally at publicly traded companies.
- Knowledge of Information System security architecture, security monitoring, incident response, procedures and best practice.
- Experience with instruction detection/prevention systems, firewalls, perimeter security, log management, DLP, and encryption.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, enterprise network, relational databases, Virtualization, and other core enterprise technologies are preferred.
- Understanding/working knowledge of private and public cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of OSI Model & TCP/IP stack.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel, and to communicate and advise others on issues that are complex and/or sensitive in nature.
- Ability to detect errors in logic, process, data and system structure.
- Ability to describe in detail security concepts, practices and interdependencies as they relate to business environment.
- Information Security Certification such as: CISSP or GCIA certifications is a plus
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top