Helpdesk Support / System Administrator
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
- Assist end-users in resolving computer hardware, software and application problems with the following operating systems: Windows XP, 7, 10
- Experience with Office Suite 2003-2016 in both installation and Support.
- Experience with Office Communicator and/or Lync client installation and support.
- Install and configure new PC systems using Symantec Ghost, including software configuration for network access and software application installation and configuration.
- Repair and troubleshoot PC related hardware, software, and network issues.
- Build software images for laptops and desktops.
- Printer support - works with our maintenance company and manage toner inventory.
- SfB, AV and Video Conferencing support for Conference room meetings.
- Technical phone support for remote users.
- Some weekend support of projects when necessary.
- Procurement of IT related equipment.
- On-call Support - Rotational.
- Must be customer focused.
- Experience installing and configuring Windows systems.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and other desktop applications at the user level.
- Some basic Unix/Linux experience (preferred).
- Excellent Communications Skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced global company.
- AS Degree or 5 years' experience
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top