Field Applications Engineer
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
- Support LCM customers in China
- Co-work with other FAEs for project design wins at OEM customers.
- Collaborate with local Sales team to set up customer design win strategy and win customer projects through promotion, solution design, performance tuning and issue fixing.
- Interact with the engineering leaders of LCM customers.
- Provide regular technical training to VARs and LCM customers.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related industry experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Strong analog and digital system knowledge in portable systems.
- Strong knowledge of LCD display.
- Understand PCB/FPCB layout, fabrication and assembly process.
- Experience in supporting customers in consumer electronics industry. Typically 4–6 years of customer facing management experience.
- Experience in working with cross functional team to implement system design.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
- Experienced in mechanical design review and layout design review.
- Familiar with local Senor, PCB, FPC and LCM suppliers.
- Understanding of firmware and embedded systems.
- Knowledge of driver structure in smart phone and PC systems.
- Strong knowledge of capacitive touch.
- Strong knowledge of materials such as glass, PET and other materials available for development of touch and human interface devices.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top