Field Application Engineer
Synaptics is the leading worldwide developer of user interface solutions for mobile computing, communications and entertainment devices. Our mission is to enrich the interaction between users and their intelligent devices. Synaptics products emphasize ease of use, small size, low power consumption, advanced functionality, durability and reliability, making them applicable to a multitude of markets, including smartphones, tablets, notebook PCs, and automotive devices.
- Successful candidate will report to a local FAE team leader and will have three main functions.
- One will be to collaborate with local sales and engineers to support the custom automotive products via proposals of hardware design and application. Typical job functions are as follows.
- Work with Sales to capture customer application requirements
- Prepare the demo systems and showcase current and new technologies
- Understand customer’s system level requirements and recommend design solutions
- Work with Synaptics design center engineers to review and suggest optimal design configurations for the customers device to install our device efficiently
- The second main function is to assist in troubleshooting of technical issues particularly when the custom module is integrated into the customer devices such as the center console display in an automotive infotainment system. Challenge will be to become an expert to negotiate technical requirements with automotive Tier-1 partners, display suppliers, and sensor manufacturers. Typical job functions in post-sales phase are as follows. On-site support will be required if necessary.
- Tune touch firmware configuration and optimize performance
- Support initial engineering sample bring-up
- Conduct system level analysis with the engineers to isolate the root cause from either hardware or firmware
- Work with the customer to finalize and validate the touch performance of the final design
- Create the analysis/evaluation report and share the documentation with appropriate distribution
- The third main function is to be an evangelist for new platform related activity. This would involve learning of the new technology, identifying the best customers in the region to be the alpha product partner, and rolling out the new platform to the region. Technical challenges include understanding of the future demands on human interface and biometrics technology that can be used for the automotive products. Typical job functions are as follows.
- Develop knowledge on most recent display and human interface technologies at the ecosystem of automotive market.
- Participate and support the activity for integrated solution prototyping, and transfer to the revenue opportunity.
- Demonstrate technical support interface to new business development activities in local region and share the knowledges and experiences with other regions working on the similar activities.
- BSEE or MSEE with 5 years product design and customer support experiences as FAE or customer facing roles.
- Experiences for the following products preferred – Automotive embedded devices, Smartphones, Touch Sensor ICs, other human interface devices
- Strong customer communication and presentation skills along with internal communication skills
- Experiences in working with cross functional team to implement system design
- Strong knowledge of system level analysis with software and hardware tools for the field issue reproduction
- Strong knowledge of automotive ecosystem is preferred
- Understanding of firmware and embedded systems are preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skill in English. TOEIC score 750+ is preferred.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top