Field Application Engineer
Synaptics is the leading worldwide developer of user interface solutions for mobile computing, communications and entertainment devices. Our mission is to enrich the interaction between users and their intelligent devices. Synaptics products emphasize ease of use, small size, low power consumption, advanced functionality, durability and reliability, making them applicable to a multitude of markets, including notebook computers, PC peripherals, mobile phones, and portable entertainment devices..
Successful candidate will report to a local FAE manager and will have four main functions.
1. Pre-sales: collaborate with local Sales to get customer project design-wins via project proposals, product demo, design review and firmware tuning.
2. Project development: complete sensor design, firmware tuning, troubleshooting of technical issues particularly when the custom touch modules are integrated into the customer device.
3. Support new platform development: learn new technology, identify the best customers in region to be alpha or beta product partners and roll out the new platform to the region.
4. Distributor training and support.
Support product line include:
- Synaptics touch panel ASICs: for touch panel applications, sensor stack-up like G+G, GFF/PFF, On-cell/In-cell.
- Synaptics touch pad ASICs: for automotive touch pad applications.
- Synaptics biometric (mainly FingerPrint sensor now) solutions.
Technical challenges include understanding of materials such as glass and PET and alternate materials that can be used for capacitive sensor design, understanding FPCB design and manufacturing, design for manufacturability and assembly, and negotiating technical specifications with customers and partners. Some typical job functions include:
- Preparation of demo systems to showcase current and new technologies.
- nderstand and analyze customer application requirements, utilize design tools to provide capacitive touch simulation information to customer.
- Work with mechanical and/or layout engineers to review and suggest optimal configurations for the customer device to install touch.
- optimized design solutions for customers.
- Working with customer to finalize and validate the performance of the final design as installed in the device.
- Perform product deficiency analysis and recommend corrective actions.
- Participate in definition of new product/design requirements, solution prototyping, transfer to production, and failure analysis for new technologies being prepared by the platform teams.
- Technical support for new business development activities in local region and potentially other regions with similar touch technology development.
- Develop knowledge on most recent display and human interface technologies.
- EE with at least 5 years analog/digital circuit design/application experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Chinese
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong knowledge of device driver structure in Linux/Android, WinCE, QNX systems and C code reading capability.
- Experience in working with cross functional team to implement system design.
- Willing to travel frequently locally and internationally.
- Self-driven and work independently.
- Experienced in mechanical design review and schematic/PCB layout design review.
- Familiar with touch Senor, PCB, FPC and SMT/COB.
- Understanding of Fingerprint technology and application.
- Knowledge of I2C/SPI/USB interfaces and debug skills.
Back to top