Embedded Software Architect
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics, the world leader in human interface solutions for portable electronic devices, invites qualified applicants to apply for a position as an Algorithms Architect on our Platform Architecture team within the Smart Display Division. Platform Architecture is responsible for the development of a technology base for Synaptics' future product roadmap that spans billions of units across hundreds of hardware designs. The focus of this position is on designing software platforms and algorithms that sense and process data for consumer devices
The candidate must design and develop well-architected, well-tested, well-optimized solutions, as well as any tooling or infrastructure required to enable them. Our architects are expected to be able to identify, root cause, and solve problems, navigate trade-offs, collaborate with other team members and other teams, and have a large repertoire of programming and debugging techniques.
We are seeking a team-oriented individual with a positive attitude and excellent problem solving skills. Our candidate will have a track record of successfully completing technically complex projects. He or she must be effective in a fast-paced, highly technical R&D environment.
- Designing component firmware functions related to communication, data acquisition, configuration, and debugging.
- Creating simulation and emulation tools and environments to facilitate faster firmware development and more rigorous regression testing.
- Developing novel touch embedded systems.
- Manage releases of firmware component libraries.
- A record of successful, technically complex software projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics. MS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong programming skills in at least one low-level language, like C or C++, and at least one high-level language like Python.
- Breadth of technical expertise in areas like:
- Structured programming
- Simulation / emulation
- Compilers and interpreters
- SDK and API design
- Android development
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top