Director of FPS Hardware Engineering
- Lead multiple engineering function teams to develop new products, technologies and applications in capacitive sensing industry.
- Optimize and ensure product development process to consistently deliver high quality, low cost and best overall solution to customers.
- Transition design concepts from architectural proposals to implementations to products for real life customers.
- Work with customers and partners to synthesize customer needs, vendor capabilities, team loading and capabilities to come up with solutions optimal to the business
- Working with CMs, ODMs, IHVs and OEMs on issues identified and provide solutions. Lead technical communication with customer and vendors on behalf of Synaptics and business unit.
- Understand the inputs from customers and deep understanding of Synaptics capacitive sensing technology for product developments.
- Able to prepare easy to understand, well organized report, and communicate with customers on all technical issues related to product developments.
- Provide leadership to the team in difficult situations in customer dealing. Being the technical person from Synaptics in discussion with customers on product developments issues
- Work with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders, local and worldwide team members, including suppliers and manufacturers, to ensure best overall product design.
- Manage multiple engineering teams to ensure team members maintain best morale, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Management experience in consumer electronics product development.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or similar
- 10+ years of experience in consumer electronics system design or IC development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – must able to produce high quality reports to explain difficult technical issues and present the report to customers.
- Able to be customer-facing under pressure and provide leadership to the team.
- Strong experience in analog electronics and system design
- Methodical and detailed approach to problem solving
- Able to prepare documents to illustrate complex technical issues in simple presentation
- Ability to travel to other SYNA sites for technology exchange
- Ability to travel to customer sites for detailed technical discussion and occasionally difficult problem solving for new product bring up
- Must be a good communicator with good interpersonal skills, a team player, and an analytical thinker.
Meet Some of Synaptics's Employees
Sr. Algorithm Architect
As Sr. Algorithm Architect, Shubha is responsible for designing algorithms and hardware that enable touch and force sensing for Synaptics’ Clearpad products, used primarily in smartphones.
Back to top