Director, IOT Business Development
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com .
Our Internet of Things (IoT) Division is seeking an experienced and motivated individual. This is an opportunity to make an impact in an exciting and dynamic environment. In this role, you will be responsible for specific Tier 1 customer and/or market segments. The role will include, but is not limited to, the following functions - Long-term corporate relationship building, customer/segment-specific feedback into product and platform strategies and roadmaps, opportunity identification and validation, proactive promotion and company/technology evangelization. In this role you will drive deep-dive analysis on critical "needle-moving" and "game-changing" topics, with the opportunity to own and drive impactful initiatives. You will be situated inside the IoT Division and you will be reporting directly to the VP of Marketing. This vantage point will provide insight, which, in combination with your interactions with key members of the IoT Leadership will enable you to influence the direction and success of our business. It will also enable you to learn critical aspects of what it takes to run a complex business in a high-growth fast-paced environment. Your role will require demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information.
As a successful candidate, you have strong marketing and/or business development background and a track record of success in the consumer space. You need to demonstrate a good understanding of the current "state-of-the-union" consumer electronics, along with an ability to understand, dissect and articulate key trends in the consumer IoT space. You are able to generate meaningful recommendations in complex limited data environments through a combination of careful analysis, structured process-driven thinking, and sound judgment. You have the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally. You are a strong communicator who is collaborative and team-oriented, yet able to generate constructive tension to drive results.
You have strong desire to learn and grow your business skills.
- Customer Promotion and Feedback
- Work with Tier 1 companies to position Synaptics positively
- Build awareness and preference for Synaptics solutions
- Establish Synaptics-Customer relationship tiers at multiple levels from individual contributor to executive level
- Understand customer roadmaps, trends, pain points and opportunities. Work closely with Marketing and Engineering teams on appropriate product strategies
- Competitive Positioning
- Understand competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Develop messaging to highlight Synaptics differentiation
- Revenue Responsibility
- Work closely with Sales team to achieve design-in targets
- 10+ years of marketing and/or business development experience in the CE, Service provider and/or, the Consumer IoT space
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills coupled with presentation & influence skills
- Passion for evangelizing company/technology and building preference in customers' minds
- Proven and demonstrated ability to win business at targeted Tier 1 customers
- Confidence and ability to negotiate with different personalities at various levels in the organization, internally and externally
- Proven ability to take complete customer engagement ownership
- A strong understanding of key technologies and an ability to articulate value propositions
- Strong desire to learn, grow and make an impact
- Ability to work collaboratively across geographies and functions
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top