Director, Audio System Solutions
Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, biometrics, voice, audio, and multimedia products is built on the company's rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC, smart home, and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA ) www.synaptics.com .
- Work with top-tier customers, Marketing, R&D to define System and performance requirements of Synoptics' digital headset and hearable products.
- Work with partners in bring up, development of Synaptics solutions within the end product.
- Draft and update product specifications, datasheets and test plans.
- Work closely with R&D, design, to review architecture options within the system constraints and decide on tradeoffs.
- Close participation in Audio standards bodies, such as MIPI (LML), USB and BT.
- Work closely with application Engineering to draft product integration notes and necessary collateral.
- Perform thorough competitive analysis and benchmarking of competing solutions.
- Design/implement reference platforms which demonstrate company features.
- Manage multiple customer engagements at any given time.
- Train Synoptics' FAEs and sales teams on demos and best practices with respect to acoustic/audio implementations.
- Design Verification and troubleshooting in the lab.
- Benchmark and characterize competing solutions.
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated and strong commitment to job completion
- Analytical, resourceful, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Track record of successfully meeting deadlines
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Over 10 years design experience of audio design in highly integrated portable devices, such as headphones, tablets and mobile phones.
- Deep understanding of low power system design for consumer audio products.
- Familiarity with audio protocols such as BT, USB, Wifi and Soundwire.
- Proven knowledge of Audio Digital Signal Processing cores and efficiency/low power metrics.
- System integration expertise with audio systems involving Codecs, DSPs, Bluetooth and Class D amplifiers.
- Solid knowledge in electronics testing and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with ANC, Noise suppression, echo cancellation DSP technologies.
- M.Sc or PHD preferred
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top